Titli Cyclone Rehabilitation Project - APSDMA under GoI - UNDP: Training Calnder
Andhra Pradesh State Disaster Management Authority (APSDMA) has awarded the Titli Cyclone Rehabilitation Project to APHRDI:
Titli Cyclone Rehabilitation Project is being implemented by APSDMA under GOI-UNDP Disaster Risk Reduction in the two selected districts [Srikakulum & Vizianagaram], in the State of Andhra Pradesh.
Goal of the Project:
Strengthening local governance in building resilience by mainstreaming DRR and CCA initiatives in the Titli Cyclone affected districts of Andhra Pradesh
The two studies are-
1. Mainstreaming Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) & Climate Change Adaptation (CCA) in core development sectors - Education, Health, Engineering, Planning, Agriculture and Horticulture.
1. Strengthening of institutions in DRR/CCA components
2. Incorporation DRR/CCA principles in developmental plans/schemes.
3. Building/up-dation of SOPs for mainstreaming DRR/CCA of six sectors.
2. Strengthening Local Governance by integration of CCC of district administration (Incident Response System)
1. Improving disaster response system at divisional and district level.
2. Build Incident Response Teams (IRTs) at divisional and district level.
3. Enhance the Early Warning System at local level.